Sunday, December 9, 2012

Beauty And The Beast: Episode 1x08 - Trapped (2012)


Created by: Sherri Cooper and Jenifer Levin

Network: The CW

Cast: Kristin Kreuk (1), Jay Ryan (2), Max Brown (3), Austin Basis, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White (4), Sendhil Ramamurthy (5), and Nicole Anderson (6)

Read about 'Out Of Control' the seventh episode of Beauty And The Beast.



Episode 8 - Trapped 

Okay, some people might argue that the story is crap. But I think that if they ever say that the dialogue is crap I would strongly disagree with them. I love JT's lines! And I love the references to pop culture in the show like the mention of Sarah Connor, Pinocchio, and Backstreet Boys in this episode. 

 I also like the little bits of wisdom littered in each episode. I feel that as long as there is a message in the series, it's not all in vain. Plus, their dialogue keeps me coming back for more. 


I love the aerial shot of New York City...  

JT: This girl is officially obsessed with you. And I can't believe I'm going to say this but maybe if we get her over here...
Vincent: Are you crazy? I barely have enough warning as it is for these fugues or these blackouts or whatever the hell they are okay.
JT: But if being around Catherine really is the cause of these blackouts. Forget synthesized endorphins, use the real thing. Have her come over here. She's seen you Vincent and she hasn't run.
Vincent: I don't how much longer I can expect her to put up with all this if we can't find a cure to these blackouts. 
JT: Fine. A cocktail of endorphins, and my good friend lorazepam to keep you chill while I evaluate your Catherine-allergic ass. Otherwise my phone bill's gonna hit the roof. 


Once again, JT with the best lines! =P
JT: Ooo... Mummy Chandler was a looker.
Catherine: Not helping JT.
JT: So Vincent saw your mum taking notes in an Olive notebook, both times. It had to be where she kept her observation and research notes. 
Catherine: Okay, hold on.
JT: Check the big box.
Catherine: You know, I really don't need backseat detective-ing.
JT: Just trying to help, it's not like its gonna be labelled 'Cure for Vincent'. 
Catherine: Got it.
Jt: Look for something that could be a formula, equations. 
Catherine: Okay, I have no idea what I'm looking at here.
JT: Wait! Turn the page back.
Catherine: Did you see something? 
JT: To see something you'll have to turn the page back so I can know if I see something.
Catherine: It's a miracle that you have so many friends. 
JT: Hilarious, keep turning. 

JT: That is a lot of cops.

Catherine: Okay, you ready?
JT: How did you get 'You ready' off 'That is a lot of cops'.
Catherine: I'm trying to move things along.
JT: I know you're Sarah Connor with the kung fu grip and all, but I'm pee-in-your-pants terrified. 

Vincent: Your mum was a brave woman, you know she, she really cared about us. It's just she got backed into a very dark corner.

Catherine: She kept it all from me. She lied, and that's what I'm doing to my friends.
Vincent: That is my fault. I'm the reason you're doing all this.
Catherine: No, you didn't have a choice. She did. 
Vincent: Yeah, but if I had, I would make that same choice again if it meant that I could be in your life. Now I think we've lived with enough guilt. Maybe now it's time to ease up on the past.
Catherine: What if I can't do that?
Vincent: You can. Cos I'll do it with you. 

My favourite quotes: "Try not to kill me while I study you.", "We are nothing more than our memories, or stories that people we love, how other people remember us.", "Just think of him like he's Pinocchio, you know, he just wants to be a real boy.", "It's part of growing up, things get more complicated. You know my mum she used to say, forgive, but never forget.", & "When we stay stuck in the past, we stay hurt, we stay victims. I don't want to be that anymore."


(1) Kristen Kreuk has acted in the television movie Snow White (2001) and films like Eurotrip (2004), and Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li (2009). She has also acted in television series Edgemont (2001-2005), and played Lana Lang in Smallville (2001-2009).

(2) Jay Ryan has guest starred in television series like Young Hercules, Xena: Warrior Princess, Legend Of The Seeker, and Terra Nova. He played Jack Scully in the Australian television soap Neighbours (2002-2005) and in the New Zealand dramedy Go Girls (2009-2012).

(3) Max Brown was a series regular on the television series The Tudors (2008-2010), and Spooks (2010-2011).

(4) Brian White has acted in films like The Family Stone (2005), Stomp The Yard (2007), The Game Plan (2007), Fighting (2009), and The Cabin In The Woods (2012). He has also guest starred in television shows like The Shield, Football Wives, Moonlight, CSI: Miami, and Body Of Proof. 

(5) Sendhil Ramamurthy is known for playing the role of Mohinder Suresh in the television series Heroes (2006-2010) and has guest starred in shows like Psych, Covert Affairs, CSI: Miami, and The Office. 

(6) Nicole Anderson is known for playing the role of Macy Misa in the television series Jonas L.A. and as Kelly Parker in the series Make It Or Break It. She also guest starred in television shows like Zoey 101, Hannah Montana, Happy Endings, and Ringer. She also acted in the film Mean Girls 2 (2011).


Poster from the website Disney Dreaming & screen grabs from the show

Click here to follow Entitled To Opinion on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment